In 2018, the Growing Greener Coalition’s strategic planning group reflected on the lessons learned from the Coalition’s past work and developed consensus on the Coalition’s goals, principles, and the framework for future educational and advocacy campaigns. You can download the full Strategic Plan here.
- Persuade decision-makers to greatly boost the state’s investments in cost-effective, nature-based solutions for safeguarding our drinking water, cleaning up our rivers and streams, and preventing floods; conserving the lands necessary for protecting wildlife, sustaining farm economies, and supporting other community needs; and providing for outdoor recreation.
- Ensure no diminution of the funding streams dedicated by the General Assembly to the Environmental Stewardship Fund, the Keystone Recreation, Park and Conservation Fund, farmland preservation, and the Marcellus Shale Legacy Fund, or reductions in state funds that leverage federal, environmental investments in Pennsylvania.
- Ensure that state agencies efficiently, appropriately, and effectively utilize the dedicated funding streams for making grants and implementing projects and programs.
- Advocate for state’s investments by guarding against potential reductions in state funding environmental commitments and greatly boosting cost-effective, nature-based projects that help:
- Restore and protect waterways,
- Safeguard drinking water,
- Reduce flooding.
- Develop and maintain public policy revenue and spending proposals.
- Educate the public about existing environmental funding sources and programs.