Dear Growing Greener Stakeholders,
House Republican leadership is moving to make devastating cuts to the Keystone Recreation, Park and Conservation Fund and Environmental Stewardship Fund. This presents an existential threat to state conservation efforts.
- Please call your state senator and representative TODAY and urge them to protect the state’s investments in conservation, environmental restoration, and outdoor recreation. Ask them to tell their Senate and House leaders that the Keystone Fund and Environmental Stewardship Fund should be left untouched as they and the Governor’s office seek to complete the fiscal year 2020-2021 budget.
- Ideally, follow your call with a brief email confirming your request and thanking them for their time.
- Then call Governor Wolf’s office at 717-787-2500 and urge them also to protect the Keystone Fund and Environmental Stewardship Fund.
Conveying the simple message above is the most critical thing you can do. You can go further by describing how these funds have helped accomplish tangible projects and provide real benefits in your community. If you wish to go even deeper, check out:
- the Growing Greener Coalition’s letter to members of the General Assembly and Governor Wolf
- WeConservePA’s letter
- Pennsylvania Environmental Council’s letter
- KeystoneFund.org (information about the Keystone Fund)
- ESFund.info (information about the Environmental Stewardship Fund)
Thank you for working to make a difference,
Steering Committee Member, Growing Greener Coalition
Executive Director, WeConservePA